keskiviikko 10. huhtikuuta 2013

Late 18th century quilted rump

Ever since Kendra posted her fantastic article about late 18th century skirt supports I have wanted to try out the number 3. My version is basically a roughly guilted thick layer of wool between linen layers, pleated and whip stitched in to a linen waistband. It might be ugly, but I really like the effect it has on my skirt shape. (It's a little fuller on me than on the very narrow hipped dress form.)





Construction pictures:





8 kommenttia:

  1. Very cool! I was just thinking about making one of these myself, based off of Kendra's article.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks! And I recommend trying it out. I'm very happy with it.

      Poista
  2. Nice! I'd love to see it on, with a petticoat over it!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! I was too lazy to get dressed for this first post, but luckily I had to do so yesterday and I have the pictures now with the masquerade outfit.

      Poista
  3. Like this a lot! I think I'll be making one as well~
    Mary
    http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com

    VastaaPoista
  4. I can't see the pictures for some reason.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you for letting me know. I think I have fixed it now.

      Poista