Insides / construction photos:
I backstitched the jacket outer layer together.
Then I turned the seam allowances on one side and, using a spaced backstitch, stitched another line close to the seam. This topstitching seems to have been a common feature in 18th century riding habits. You can see it in the high resolution photos in the V&A jacket as well.
Here's how it looks on the outside.
I stiffened the jacket fronts with linen canvas pieces. Those, with additional help from the trim, keep the jacket fronts straight and well in shape.
Jacket lining and silk front facings.
I used an 18th century reproduction silk for the waistcoat. I had very little of it so I had to piece it in few places. I think I like it more with these small details.
I joined the jacket and waistcoat skirt linings with the top layer with running stitch, smaller stitch showing on top.
I top stitched the bust darts too on both, the jacket and the waistcoat.
Waistcoat has lacing down the back.