perjantai 19. syyskuuta 2014

Costume College dress rehearsal part I, 1770's robe à la Polonaise à coqueluchon

This dress was one of the seven I took with me to Costume College this year. I hadn't had a  proper chance to try out all the different ways to drape the back having only worn it a couple of minutes in freezing cold when it was finished, so I wanted to try it on before I packing. And while I was at it, I did a simple hairstyle to go with it and took a couple of photos that I thought I'd share.
















10 kommenttia:

  1. Absolutely marvelous!! I love the way you carefully lined up all the stripes. And the hood!!! Beautiful job. :)
    -Emily

    VastaaPoista
  2. The image of your from the side with your hood up is so fantastic. It looks so very much like the paintings from this era! Wonderfully done! And I really like the bustling in the back...it shows off those lovely pleats perfectly!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    VastaaPoista
  3. AHHHH!!! I LOVE IT! The stripes are lovely and the sheer trim only adds to the fun because you can still see the stripes. And the hood is just FABULOUS! You make the most beautiful, well balanced, well fit things, Merja. :)

    Best,
    Quinn

    VastaaPoista
  4. This ensemble is so utterly beautiful and I feel that strong urge to squeak out really loud seeing it :) It's perfection with the shoes!!! I'm in awe again!!!
    On a side note: the weather is really annoying this year and it's so difficult to get pleasant conditions for an outside photoshoot - glad you've found a chance to take pictures! Thank you so much for sharing.
    Sabine

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you so much!

      And you are right, the weather has been very difficult. This day was also very windy, but at least it wasn't raining and with patience we were able to get some decent shots. :)

      Poista
  5. Wow! I LOVE That hood. I know I was born in the wrong time. Were is a time machine??? I need to go back there! Lovely lovely lovely!!!

    VastaaPoista